I have been contacted by the PR of 4mums and have been asked to review their new very innovative mamaRoo. As you know, my daughter is far too old for testing it, so as usually when testing baby products, I had to ask some of my mummy friends for help. When I was checking it out on the website, I thought it looked very cool and couldn't wait to start testing it. Shame Isabelle is too big for it, but it will be handy when we decide it's time for our baby number two.
So what do I think of it? Most of us go for some kind of a bouncy chair or a swing, but this has combined both these together! It took a while to develop and design such a great product and I can see why. The first thing I thought when I saw it, was that it might take me a while to put it together and to learn how to use it, but I was nicely surprised I was wrong. It's so easy that even my little Isabelle learnt how to switch it on and change the five motions, the 5 speeds or to turn the music on/off (you can also connect your MP3 player, how great is that?) and turn the volume up/down. I was very impressed by all the great features it has. When designing the detachable mobile they even thought of such a little detail as removable two sided fabric balls your baby can chew on or play with (one side black and white, the other one coloured for older babies). Oh, and have I mentioned the seat also reclines? The last but not the least would be to say the seat's fabric is very easy to remove and is machine washable.
A figure eight on its side
These are the five unique motions:
Lots of up-and-down, less side-to-side
High on the sides, low in the middle
Low on the sides, high in the middle
Around in a big circle
mamaRoo is a new product that has just been released in the UK, and you can buy it at Mothercare for £199.99, and comes in silver, red or pink. It's not cheap, but trust me, it's worth it. The mamaRoo is intended for babies who aren't yet able to sit up on their own, and who are under 11 kg (so usually babies from birth to about 6 months old.). And now, I've got some great news! The lovely 4mums have offered one mamaRoo to one of you! Isn't it great?
mamaRoo Giveaway Competition
How to enter?
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect ( on the left hand side) and comment on which colour you like the best (silver, red, pink)
- For additional entries (max 5 entries per person in total) you can do the following:
- Follow 4moms on twitter
- tweet I'm entering @Kahanka mamaRoo competition sponsored by @4moms http://bit.ly/cvUWPJ
- Join the 4mums Facebook page
- Sign up as a 4mums Insider
Terms and Conditions:
- The closing date of the competition is 28/10/2010
- The winner will be chosen at random from all entrants.
- The winner's name will be made available on this page.
- Competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland only.
- The prize is non-refundable and cannot be transferred. No cash alternative is available.
And the winner is:
@lisanorfolk (#112 entry)
Congratulations and please let me know your name and address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The winner was randomly chosen by the mamaRoo PR using the random.org number generator from all 237entries!