Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Fitness Tuesday - Week 26!


How did my second week of the training for the London Marathon go? I would say pretty well, according to the plan. It's true that I am exhausted and hungry all the time. This means I try to go to bed earlier and eat more often, smaller portions and I have really focused on what I eat.

I am really looking forward to our NPL training day in London this Saturday, as I will see some of my fellow mummy bloggers who run this marathon as well and we will be given some advice on running techniques, trainers and nutrition.

This is what I managed to do last week:

Tuesday: 3 x 5 mins running at threshold with 2 mins jog recovery between efforts
Wednesday: 45 mins spinning class
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 45 mins steady effort run outside
Saturday: Steady bike ride (10 miles)
Sunday: Long run 75 mins outside
Monday: 30 minutes body exercises (focus on legs + core exercises) 

Just a little reminder that you could support me (Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity) by sponsoring me. THANK YOU!
Thank you to my sponsor https://www.nestle-purelife.co.uk and also Kiddicare for donating
an amazing amount of £500! 



And now I am all excited about hearing your news!!!


As every week I suggest doing the following exercises every day until next Tuesday. It will not take you long, you don't have to do them all at once. If you feel comfortable doing more, do it, if you feel you might need to do less, don't worry, do less this week and do more the week after. I am not a fitness instructor, I am here to encourage you to do some exercises to get fitter and hope you will be there for me too. And don't forget to add our Fitness Tuesday badge to your blog ;)))


I suggest doing the following for the next week:
  • 61 sit ups (towards both knees)
  • 61 sit ups (touching your left knee)
  • 61 sit ups (touching your right knee)
  • 20 push ups
  • skipping for 95 seconds (roughly 1 turn per second)

How did you do last week and how do you feel about it? What exercises have you done?

I know that many people try to loose some weight or get back into shape after Christmas, so take it easy, these numbers are based on starting 26  weeks ago, if you need some help, just leave me a comment ;))) Remember we all are doing it together!

Please add a link to your post here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails