Wednesday, 10 August 2011

The Gallery - Water!

 
 I chose the above picture of the "Heart" island (Australia, Great Barrier Reef) I took a few years ago. This week's gallery theme "water" means a lot to me. I love water. I have always loved it, since I can remember. When I was little, I used to spend ages in the pools or sea when on holiday and swimming has always been my favourite sport. When we lived in Sydney, we went diving very often, and that wouldn't be possible without all the wonderful salty water around. It just felt so wonderful under the surface, so magical. When I was thinking about giving birth to our daughter, I went for the water birth, as that is the most natural environment for me... Sometimes I think I used to be a fish in my previous life...




Don't forget to check out the rest of the gallery posts!

10 comments:

  1. Great photo i would love to go one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving hearing how people have a great affinity with water. Funny how some people are just more comfortable around it. it's all a bit foreign to me I confess, coming from land-locked Midlands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo. And I love your love of water. Big expanses of water seem to draw me in. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picture, I feel just the same about water :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous shot. I'd love to travel there. The water looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Australia yet but it's on my Travel list and that photo is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never seen anything like that before. Great pic

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning picture. The water round here is more grey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful picture. I too feel most comfortable in the water.. I guess it's my element. It brings me this sense of peace. I only wish we could have a pool or a lake nearby...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails