Instant Comfort For Little Bottoms: The Challenge
Helping Protect Your Baby’s delicate nappy area. The challenge involved using the new Johnson’s Baby nappy cream for two weeks, which one of my friends happily helped me with.
JOHNSON’S® Baby’s top tips for avoiding nappy rash:
1. Prevention is better than cure: Apply a barrier cream after each nappy change, protecting the skin from irritation while allowing it to breathe. This can help prevent nappy rash from occurring in the first place
2. Thorough but gentle clean: Clean your baby's nappy area thoroughly using a gentle cleanser, such as JOHNSON’S® Baby Wipes. Check your baby's skin is clean and dry before putting on a new nappy
3. Getting some air time: Leave the nappy off as much as possible allowing your baby’s skin to breathe
4. Dry bottoms equal no more tears: Change the nappy as regularly as possible to prevent the skin having direct contact with urine and faeces whilst ensuring that you thoroughly dry your baby’s bottom by patting (not rubbing) it with a towel after washing
5. Weaning and teething: Take particular care to use a nappy cream at certain times- such as when your baby is teething or weaning, both of which can cause babies to develop painful nappy rash
6. Ask the expert: Finally, if you are concerned about your baby, don’t be afraid to ask your midwife, pharmacist or doctor for advice or log onto www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/nappyrash to get some more great tips on how to protect from the causes of nappy rash
Now our feedback:
After using the nappy cream for two weeks, we can say, we really liked it. It smellt great, the texture was very good, which meant it stayed on for some time, and didn't come off after a few moves of my friend's baby. Her son didn't develop any nappy rash during the testing period and am sure she will be looking out for this cream in her local supermarket. As I am pregnant again, I will definitely give it a go on our baba number two once it arrives.