Friday, 5 August 2011

Our second week of summer holidays in the Czech Republic


The second week of our holiday went really quickly. We had a few days of rain, and then 3 days of sunshine. I am a bit sad, that the summers I remember from my childhood are gone. We used to have very hot summers, 2 months of heat and no rain. In winter we used to get so much snow, freezing temperatures, which we still get but not so much snow I would say. I feel sorry for the school kids who cannot wait for their 2 months summer holidays, and then they get this weather...

 Anyway, when the sun was out we tried to make the most of it. Just check out our visit to the local butterfly farm or our family open fire BBQ. The pool got also used, but I haven't been brave enough, as it is still too cold for my liking!








5 comments:

  1. OMG look at that BBQ. My mouth is watering! Enjoy the rest of the hols x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is her Czech? Is she talking more now? Matias understands Spanish but speaks more in English. I can't wait to get him to Chile or to my mum's house. And that BBQ is to die for, mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her Czech has always been almost perfect, I talk to her a lot in Czech even in London, but it's always good for expanding her vocabulary...also there are a few sounds she needs to focus on, as Czechs pronounce them in a different way to English ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree! That piece of meat on the BBQ looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks lovely their!! Butterflies are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails